Company of Fools is a theatre company driven by the power of the theatrical experience to connect artist and audience. Whether performing or teaching, we seek to engage, inspire, entertain and transform. In our work, we are committed to:
- Exploring and illuminating stories of the human heart
- Connecting a disconnected world—one play, one class, one conversation at a time
- Advancing theatre as a vital art form
- Deepening the connection between artists and audience
- Celebrating the child’s creative voice through dynamic arts-in-education programming
Since 1996, Company of Fools has contributed to the rich cultural life of the Wood River Valley and greater Idaho. In December 2000, the Company became the first theatre in Idaho’s history to receive Constituent Theatre status from Theatre Communications Group, the national organization for the professional, nonprofit American theatre. Governor Dirk Kempthorne recently honored Company of Fools as a recipient of the 2004 Governor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts.